The 4th annual event of the year for Decorative Finishers is next scheduled for October 2018 in Colorado.
Workshops, product and tool demonstrations, exhibitors, and event activity stuff. The best part is exploring the latest trends and tools in the industry while meeting and connecting with others in an atmosphere of friendship, sharing and learning.
Although this International event was created for Professional Decorative Finishers, this is the fusion of multi art forms and artists, in the hope that we will all grow our skills, portfolio, and most importantly, ourselves. Professionals as well as interested newcomers are welcome to attend.
WHAT MAKES ARTFUSION EVENT DIFFERENT?
1. Although I have some instructors in the Decorative Painting industry that have taught at other industry venues, I like to have a mix of old and new. "New" instructors and "out of the norm" class types. I also don't want instructors that teach at a lot of other studios and venues, especially within two months prior or after the ArtFusion Event. This will help ensure that their workshop is filled.
2. We promote other artistic events. In fact every year I have offered all the different convention/expos, etc. and associations a free vendors table to help promote their own event.
3. Open to all artists. The Event was created for professional Decorative Finishers, but the longer we have the events, the more we are branching out to other mediums. There is so much we can learn from other art forms and artists, most of which can be incorporated into our own decorative painting work and art.
3. Unique event activities. We have a lot of competitions, and fun activities including Iron Faux, a play on the Iron Chef show, live auction, bingo, flying frog contest, speed networking and lots more. There are a lot of different ways to let your creativity flow.
4. ArtFusion is a not for profit event. For every event we form an alliance with a charitable foundation and after instructors and expenses are paid, and a deposit saved for the following years venue, any additional money will go to that foundation. Some exhibitors have also been asked to instead of paying AF for their exhibiting space, to instead give the money to the charity.
5. Unique venue. Every venue is chosen for not only its beautiful location, but also because it offers very affordable lodging, most including meals. They also offer a more intimate and relaxed atmosphere. From the students, instructors, vendors and on, we want to provide a way for anyone to be able to attend.
There are plans for some more great events in the future, including the debut of Artist's Underground.